Common Workplace Injuries in Rhode Island
Learn more about workers compensation benefits
If you’ve been injured on the job, you need the advice of a highly skilled and experienced workers compensation attorney in Providence. The Law Offices of Charles Garganese, Jr., LLC has helped thousands of injured workers since our firm’s founding in 1994, providing honest answers, personal attention and professional service to each and every client. Attorney Garganese will always personally handle your claim from start to finish. Our top goal is to maximize the amount of compensation you can receive after an injury, allowing you to focus on your physical recovery.
What types of injuries tend to occur at workplaces?
There are many different types of accidents that occur on jobsites that could result in serious injuries or death. The following are some of the most common causes of injuries our workers compensation attorneys see:
- Overexertion. Jobs that require employees to constantly lift, pull, throw or carry heavy objects may result in overexertion, the most common type of work injury. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 63 percent of all workplace injuries in 2012 were caused by overexertion.
- Slips and falls. Slippery floors and objects left in walkways are another common cause of workplace injuries. Employers have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are reasonably safe and secure for all workers.
- Falling from heights. Individuals who need to work on scaffolding, ladders, catwalks, stairways and roofs risk falling and seriously injuring themselves. Employers should provide adequate safety measures to prevent these falls.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Whether you need to drive short or long distances for work, you may find yourself the victim of an auto accident. In addition to seeking workers compensation benefits, you may want to file a third-party injury claim against any responsible parties.
- Repetitive motion. Performing the same motions over and over can eventually cause serious conditions like back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and impaired vision. This is a particular concern for assembly line workers and people who spend long hours in front of computers.
- Workplace violence. Although rare, violent acts present risks to workers. Businesses and organizations should do their best to ensure the safety and security of all employees. Paying attention to any troubling comments or disturbing behaviors exhibited by employees is one way employers may be able to prevent workplace violence.
Not surprisingly, workers on jobs requiring physical labor are most likely to suffer an injury at work. Back and shoulder injuries, scarring, burns and disfigurement are all serious concerns. However, desk workers may experience repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome. In the most serious cases, a workplace injury may result in death. If you lost a loved one who died from on-the-job injuries, your family may need to pursue workers compensation benefits.
Meet with a skilled workers compensation lawyer today
After a workplace injury, don’t wait to speak with an experienced attorney you can trust to help you seek the workers compensation benefits you need and deserve. The Law Offices of Charles Garganese, Jr., LLC proudly serves clients in Providence and across Rhode Island. Call us now at 401-352-4431 or contact us online to discuss your case.